|  

Pellet production rose to record level in 2018

25.01.2019 − 

At 628,000 tonnes, German pellet production in the fourth quarter 2018 was 3.8 % higher than in the previous year. After the increases achieved in the first (+8.9 %), second (+11.2 %) and third quarters (6.1 %), production for the year as a whole rose by 7.4 % to a new record level of around 2.416m tonnes. This means that the forecast made by the German Energy Wood and Pellet Association (DEPV) at the beginning of the year was exceeded by around 100,000 tonnes.

At around 541,000 tonnes, 22.4% of production in the previous year was bagged goods, the remaining 1.874m tonnes or 77.6% were bulk goods. Contrary to the assumptions of market participants, the percentage of bagged goods did not increase significantly compared to previous years.

Tags of this news:

previous − Accsys selling Tricoya MDF in overseas markets

LignaTerra stops investment in gluelam works  − next