Russian Sudoma officially commenced production of lumber, thermally-modified timber, and impregnated wood products on 14 November. The plant has an annual capacity for 61,000 m³ of wood products, processing poplar and birch in addition to spruce and pine. Sudoma has three kilns for producing thermally-modified timber using the retification method developed by the French company Retiwood. Roughly 40% of the output is to be sold on the Russian domestic market. The other 60% will be exported.
The superordinate holding company Russian GS Group has invested approximately RUB1.8bn (roughly equivalent to €26m) in the facility built on an area of 24,000 m². The project was incorporated into Pskov oblast’s subsidy scheme in 2014. The band saw line and trimming unit was supplied by German Esterer WD (EWD), and the planing section by Weinig. The heating station was supplied by the Austrian Polytechnik Luft- und Feuerungstechnik.