12.03.2014 − The FSC forest management certification of Swedwood Karelia, which belongs to the Ikea Group, has been suspended with immediate effect from 31 January.
- Signs of price cuts emerging on sawmill residues markets − 12.03.2014
- Canfor sells Quebec sawmill to Groupe Lebel − 11.03.2014
- Stora Enso sells almost 4.8m m³ of wood products − 06.03.2014
12.03.2014 − Merchants have encountered comparatively weak demand for window scantlings in Germany over the past few weeks in spite of the mild winter with temperatures that have hardly curtailed construction...
- Pollmeier aims to start LVL series production in March − 27.02.2014
- Neova and Lantmännen bundle pellet activities − 20.02.2014
- Creditreform revokes downgrading of HIT Torgau − 20.02.2014
11.03.2014 − Praktiker’s insolvency administrator sold three more foreign subsidiaries at the end of February.
- Wolseley wants to acquire Puukeskus − 11.03.2014
- Homag delivers larger-than-expected rise in earnings − 07.03.2014
- Casadei-Busellato also returns Xylexpo − 06.03.2014
11.03.2014 − Lumber Liquidators booked a 22.7 % leap in revenues to US$258.4m in the fourth quarter despite turmoil relating to alleged infringements of the Lacey Act and an associated class-action lawsuit.
07.03.2014 − The Finnish machinery producer Raute and the Russian Sveza group signed a two-year maintenance agreement for Sveza’s plywood mill in Perm on 21 February.
- Nankai Plywood acquires French firm Rolpin − 07.03.2014
- China becomes second most important market for US plywood − 05.03.2014
- Kronospan gets permit for biomass plant in Chirk − 04.03.2014
05.03.2014 − Following receipt of the necessary building and operational approvals, the Interprint Group from Arnsberg, started building work for the new plant in Curitiba in mid-January.
- Westag & Getalit expands direct coating − 04.03.2014
- Dekodur commissions large-format HPL press − 04.03.2014
- Decor paper market picking up as orders change hands − 20.02.2014
28.02.2014 − The Swedish group Ikea is planning to build a furniture manufacturing facility in Novgorod, Russia alongside a particleboard mill that it bought from Pfleiderer in January 2013.
- Alno: Wellmann Bauteile files for insolvency − 26.02.2014
- Nobilia achieves sharp growth at home and abroad − 20.02.2014
- Välinge Innovation issues second licence to Van Hoecke − 18.02.2014