19.12.2014 − After several years of decline, Euroconstruct European Construction Forecast Group is expecting is expecting a slight increase for the first time again in 2014.
19.12.2014 − Latvian softwood lumber exports in the third quarter were 18.9% higher than in the same quarter of last year at 634,200 m³.
- North Africa: Spruce lumber prices still under pressure − 18.12.2014
- British customers are ordering reluctantly − 16.12.2014
- Further growth seen in lumber stocks in Scandinavia − 15.12.2014
19.12.2014 − Market participants report that although the low temperatures seen in the last two weeks have resulted in a slight revival of demand for A1 pellets on Central European markets.
- Import ban straining Spanish wooden packaging industry
- Spanish pallet production up by 14%
- Adcuram takes over Hanse Haus − 11.12.2014
17.12.2014 − In the period between January and the end of September Swiss veneer imports increased significantly concerning all different wood types by 11% to CHF14.22m.
- Surteco corrects turnover forecast downwards
- Wilsonart creates new senior management team
- Titanium dioxide prices headed lower in just a few cases − 06.11.2014
17.12.2014 − The Canadian wood-based panels manufacturers Norbord and Ainsworth Lumber Co. are to merge to create a new company that will also do business as Norbord.
- OSB exports decline again in the third quarter − 12.12.2014
- Vigolungo completes building of a new plywood plant − 12.12.2014
- Raw-particleboard exports slow down − 10.12.2014
12.12.2014 − On 31 October, the German PVC window and door manufacturer, Moderne Bauelemente TFA ceased its business operations.
10.12.2014 − The German furniture industry experienced a 6.2 % recovery in total revenues to €1.572bn in September after falling in August.
- Röhr-Bush and Bush Industries sold via MBO
- Alno-EBITDA for whole year expected to achieve €38m − 28.11.2014
- Business expectations remain pessimistic