22.11.2014 − The Latvian birch plywood producer Latvijas Finieris has announced plans to build a new veneer mill in the Kurzeme region of western Latvia.
- Steico expanding final assembly systems in Czarnków − 21.11.2014
- Elliotis pine plywood exports surged in Q3
- Urupanel ceases production after bankruptcy filing − 14.11.2014
21.11.2014 − US softwood lumber imports from Europe were in the third quarter of 2014 only slightly lower (-0.3%) than a year earlier at 54,521 m³.
- Considerable growth registered in prices for bangkirai − 20.11.2014
- US hardwood exports to EU 16% higher
- Logistics company Rhenus acquires Brenner
20.11.2014 − The German Construction Confederation forecasts a turnover increase of 4.5% to €35.2bn in residential construction for 2014 vis à vis the previous year.
20.11.2014 − The US laminates producer Wilsonart International Holding put in place a new senior management team for its Western European activities in the middle of September.
- Titanium dioxide prices headed lower in just a few cases − 06.11.2014
- EU ends investigations into Ahlstrom and Munksjö
- Sales of decor paper have been on the slow side − 30.10.2014
20.11.2014 − German Classen group is to raise its capacity to manufacture its Neo by Classen line significantly by mid-2015.
11.11.2014 − The Spanish competition authority CNMC has imposed fines totalling €4.73m on 24 Spanish manufacturers of EUR pallets and EUR-pallet repair businesses and on the national EPAL committee Calipal.
- Europe: Pellet consumption will rise further in 2014/2015 − 30.10.2014
- Pellet manufacturer Enviva takes over Green Circle
- German Pellets corrects provisional half-year figures
16.10.2014 − In September there was a further deterioration in morale within the German furniture industry.