17.12.2014 − In the period between January and the end of September Swiss veneer imports increased significantly concerning all different wood types by 11% to CHF14.22m.
- Surteco corrects turnover forecast downwards
- Wilsonart creates new senior management team
- Titanium dioxide prices headed lower in just a few cases − 06.11.2014
17.12.2014 − The Canadian wood-based panels manufacturers Norbord and Ainsworth Lumber Co. are to merge to create a new company that will also do business as Norbord.
- OSB exports decline again in the third quarter − 12.12.2014
- Vigolungo completes building of a new plywood plant − 12.12.2014
- Raw-particleboard exports slow down − 10.12.2014
16.12.2014 − The Austrian filter and extraction system manufacturer Scheuch is to spin off its Wood Processing Industry division into a new subsidiary, Scheuch Ligno.
- Scantec receives another major order − 11.12.2014
- Decline of 3.2% in building approvals granted
- Derome acquiring Elof Hansson’s builders’ merchants
16.12.2014 − Market players believe that UK demand for imported softwood lumber is unlikely to rise again until sometime during the course of the second quarter of next year.
- Further growth seen in lumber stocks in Scandinavia − 15.12.2014
- Schweighofer postpones sawmill project in Kolomyja − 12.12.2014
- Södra reducing selling prices for pine and spruce logs
12.12.2014 − According to the Spanish statistics authority INE in Madrid, a total of 41m flat wooden pallets were produced in 2013, representing year-on-year growth of roughly 14%.
12.12.2014 − On 31 October, the German PVC window and door manufacturer, Moderne Bauelemente TFA ceased its business operations.
10.12.2014 − The German furniture industry experienced a 6.2 % recovery in total revenues to €1.572bn in September after falling in August.
- Röhr-Bush and Bush Industries sold via MBO
- Alno-EBITDA for whole year expected to achieve €38m − 28.11.2014
- Business expectations remain pessimistic