06.12.2013 − The British timber-trading and -import company James Latham (Lathams) increased revenues in the first half of the 2013/2014 financial year (end of March) by almost 10% to £82.2m.
- Third-quarter turnover at Kingfisher improves year on year − 06.12.2013
- EU Commission probes container shipping lines − 03.12.2013
- Hellweg takeover of Max Bahr fails − 25.11.2013
06.12.2013 − With the opening of a showroom in Vienna on 10 October, the Swedish manufacturer of doors and windows Inwido, has expanded its sales activities in Central Europe to the Austrian market.
06.12.2013 − A number of Italian newspaper reports suggest that the Chinese wood-based panels manufacturer Sichuan Guodong Construction Co. remains interested in buying assets in Gruppo Trombini.
- Krono-Gruppe Schweiz will not rebuild Depalor mill − 06.12.2013
- Raute concludes negotiations on lay-offs − 05.12.2013
- Further growth in Russian plywood manufacturing − 04.12.2013
06.12.2013 − The German company Homag Group, claims to have sold five batch-size 1 machines to Chinese furniture producers to date.
- Alno: Turnover decline of 10% − 25.11.2013
- Office furniture: Further reduction in production capacity − 04.11.2013
- Steelcase intends to terminate production in Durlangen − 30.10.2013
05.12.2013 − The sawmill of Rhenus Midgard Forest Logistics in Nordenham, Germany, will be discontinuing operation on 31 December, following the fruitless search for a buyer willing to run the facility at the...
- System TM supplies ten cross-cut lines to South America − 04.12.2013
- Canfor establishes joint venture with Tangshan − 03.12.2013
- German softwood lumber exports up 6% − 03.12.2013
03.12.2013 − Worldwide production capacity for pellets certified to the criteria stipulated for the ENplus quality seal will reach roughly 8.53m t/year by the end of this year.
- Fire at Hagensieker damages thermowood kiln − 02.12.2013
- Pellet production up to end of September down year on year − 27.11.2013
- Rentech enlarges capacity for pellet works in Wawa − 25.11.2013
20.11.2013 − European veneer mills and veneer producers and merchants without their own mills continue to experience comparatively inadequate demand within Europe.