01.11.2014 − Both the turnover and the operating result at Raute were considerably weaker than expected in the third quarter, at €24.7m and minus €309,000.
- USA residential construction starts again exceed 1m
- Södra invests SKR100m in Mönsterås pulp mill
- Declines continue in Japanese housing sector
31.10.2014 − Armstrong World Industries (AWI) has announced a drop of about 15 % in sales from its Wood Flooring division in the third quarter.
- Tarkett concern’s turnover declines further
- FEP: Sweden the sole country reporting growth
- Velux shuts down sites in Denmark and Great Britain
31.10.2014 − Dieffenbacher wants to make savings totalling €25m over the next two years with a cost-cutting programme adopted on 24 October.
- ECJ: Building regulation lists create improper barriers − 30.10.2014
- JAF group inaugurates new plywood warehouse
- Gentas set to gradually ramp up output at former Liri mill − 20.10.2014
31.10.2014 − Analyses from the Swedish Forest Agency show that log prices in Sweden continued to fall from the second to the third quarter.
- Russian lumber output down by 1.5% − 31.10.2014
- Growth of 15% in Spanish lumber imports
- Reduction of €10/m³ in whitewood prices in North Africa − 30.10.2014
30.10.2014 − Although pellet consumption within Europe will increase further in the coming years, there are signs that there will be differing rates of growth in the various countries.
- Pellet manufacturer Enviva takes over Green Circle
- German Pellets corrects provisional half-year figures
- 63.5m pallets produced within EPAL
30.10.2014 − The revival in demand for decor paper that was expected to happen once the summer holidays were over has yet to materialise.
- Felix Schoeller Holding announces more investments − 17.10.2014
- Pfleiderer Grajewo running at 98% capacity
- Mayak-Technocell to install new PM in Penza
16.10.2014 − In September there was a further deterioration in morale within the German furniture industry.