27.11.2014 − Japanese importers and further processors of wood-construction products continued to exercise considerable purchasing restraint up until mid-November.
- CNMC imposes fines on pallet producers
- Europe: Pellet consumption will rise further in 2014/2015 − 30.10.2014
- Pellet manufacturer Enviva takes over Green Circle
27.11.2014 − With an increase of 7% to SEK627m turnover of Kährs Holding increased even more significantly vis à vis the comparative period last year in the third quarter than in both of the preceding quarters.
- Classen set to install two more lines in Kaisersesch − 20.11.2014
- Turkish ministry begins on-site inspections − 14.11.2014
- Fletcher Building reduces number of divisions
27.11.2014 − As a reaction to the deteriorating general economic conditions Surteco has made a slight downward correction to its turnover forecast for the whole of 2014 from the previous figure of €630-640m.
- Wilsonart creates new senior management team
- Titanium dioxide prices headed lower in just a few cases − 06.11.2014
- EU ends investigations into Ahlstrom and Munksjö
27.11.2014 − The latest figures from the countries participating in the 72nd UNECE Timber Committee meeting taking place this week in Kazan, Russia, reveal further growth in apparent softwood lumber consumption.
- German softwood lumber output up by 1.8%
- Reduction in US imports of lumber from Europe
- Considerable growth registered in prices for bangkirai − 20.11.2014
22.11.2014 − The Latvian birch plywood producer Latvijas Finieris has announced plans to build a new veneer mill in the Kurzeme region of western Latvia.
- Steico expanding final assembly systems in Czarnków − 21.11.2014
- Elliotis pine plywood exports surged in Q3
- Urupanel ceases production after bankruptcy filing − 14.11.2014
20.11.2014 − The German Construction Confederation forecasts a turnover increase of 4.5% to €35.2bn in residential construction for 2014 vis à vis the previous year.
16.10.2014 − In September there was a further deterioration in morale within the German furniture industry.