17.09.2014 − The Swedish sawmill company Bergs Timber has reached agreement with the main shareholders of the forestry and sawmill company Gransjöverken on taking over 78.3% of the shares of Gransjöverken.
17.09.2014 − The US door manufacturer Masonite is now poised to restructure its activities in Israel after divesting operations in Europe in recent years, including withdrawing from a number of Eastern European...
- RWD Schlatter and Naturedoors ink a three-year deal − 16.09.2014
- Existing investors withdraw from Junckers
- Weak Russian business lowers Tarkett turnover
17.09.2014 − Valentin Furnierwerk is to continue operating a peeled veneer plant. A spokesperson for the insolvency administrator revealed this detail after insolvency proceedings began.
- Süddekor integrated into Surteco Decor
- Surteco: Turnover growth weakens slightly
- China raised its share of decor paper production in 2013
16.09.2014 − The gluelam timber producer Hüttemann is to lay off 52 of the 122 people employed in Olsberg, Germany, and close part of its laminated timber plant there.
- Demand for pallets fails to match year-ago levels
- Creditreform downgrades German Pellets to BB+ − 05.09.2014
- Highland Pellets builds 500,000 t plant in Arkansas
16.09.2014 − With effect from 1 August, Christoph Renken took over as managing director of the Russian Sveza Group's Hamburg office.
- German hardwood plywood imports rising again
- Egger to replace short-cycle press in Unterradlberg
- GD Holz calls for uniform duties on plywood imports
10.09.2014 − Sir Ian Cheshire, CEO of the British DIY group Kingfisher, will retire by the end of the year.
- Hagebau expects significant turnover increase in 2014
- Building permission granted increased by 4% − 28.08.2014
- Order receipts at Homag rise by 20%
03.09.2014 − Investment activity has become much brisker in the North American furniture industry over the past few months after a lull lasting several years.
- VDM does not expect verdict before the end of October − 29.08.2014
- Diverging trends continue for foreign trade in furniture
- Alno records significant increases compared to Q1