28.08.2015 − The declining trend in turnover and results already seen in the two previous quarters in the Wood Products division of Finnish Stora Enso continued in the second quarter.
- Metsä Wood reduces spruce-lumber production
- Latvia records stable prices for softwood sawlogs
- US hardwood-lumber prices in Europe continue to fall − 26.08.2015
28.08.2015 − On 10 August US-American Jeld-Wen Holding announced that it had acquired Norwegian door manufacturer Dooria.
28.08.2015 − According to an ABC News report, Australian manufacturer of veneer and plywood Ta Ann Tasmania Pty. launched production in July at the new plywood plant located in Smithon, Tasmania.
27.08.2015 − German W. & L. Jordan is to purchase the timber merchant Hans Dunklau.
27.08.2015 − At €231.84/t, retail prices for A1 pellets in Germany fell in August for the sixth consecutive month.
- Pressure on glulam prices rises in the northern Germany − 20.08.2015
- Binder group takes over PHB Burgbernheimer − 13.08.2015
- Marcell Bernhardt took over as sales manager at Kebony
24.08.2015 − An explosion occurred at Huntsman Pigment’s titanium dioxide plant at a chemical park in Krefeld-Uerdingen, Germany on 5 August.
- Talks on decor paper prices encountered delays − 21.08.2015
- Surteco corrects results forecast for 2015 downwards
- Munksjö Decor records another slump in revenues
13.08.2015 − German Nobilia-Werke J. Stickling intends to take over the majority stake held by the Italian Snaidero Group in the Franchise Business Division Group (FBD).
- Plans to sell Ashley Furniture have been withdrawn
- German furniture imports climbed by 10.1%
- Alno’s earnings trimmed by losses associated with AFP