31.07.2014 − After a longer period of weakness, Raute succeeded in acquiring several major orders again in the second quarter.
- Shippers eyeing a sharp hike in container rates from Asia − 30.07.2014
- TTF and BWF in cooperation talks
- Latham turnover shows sharp increase
31.07.2014 − Boise Cascade will be carrying out modernisation work on the log yard section of its Elgin plywood works and sawmill in the first week of September.
- Growth of over 9% registered in log supply in Norway
- Austria: Prices for wood chips decline further − 24.07.2014
- Reduction in Finnish lumber exports in April
30.07.2014 − In the second quarter Alno significantly increased group turnover in comparison to the first three months, according to preliminary figures published on 22 July
- BMU acquires the assets of Robbes & Lammers
- Slump in German furniture exports in April
- Steelcase planning give up furniture factory in Wisches
30.07.2014 − According to Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung and the magazine Finance, a sales process is currently under way and relatively well advanced for Klöckner Pentaplast.
- Schattdecor installs wide digital printer in Thansau
- Interprint creates its own branch in South Africa
- Schattdecor orders lacquering line for Glucholazy
30.07.2014 − The upward trend that had already been observed in prices for a variety of Indonesian plywood assortments in May/June continued recently.
- North American particleboard and MDF/HDF markets still balanced
- Agro Industria del Paraguay to invest in MDF mill
- Arauco pooling its North American activities
25.07.2014 − Following a year-on-year plus of 22.9% in the first quarter, turnover generated by the insulation board manufacturer Steico increased by 10.5% to €45.3m in the second quarter.
24.07.2014 − The newly established company E-Pellets, has purchased the OSB plant in Athens (Georgia) formerly owned by Louisiana Pacific for US$13m.
- Timber industry: Rate of turnover growth slows
- Result at German Pellets down by roughly 6% − 03.07.2014
- Decay in trade prices on A1 pellet markets comes to a standstill − 02.07.2014