25.05.2016 − After varying development in the business year 2015, both of the Strategic Business Units (SBU) of Surteco achieved similar increases in sales revenue in the first quarter.
- Danzer: building start at Jura Placages veneer plant
- Glatfelter: Further growth in sales of overlay papers − 19.05.2016
- DKB creates subsidiary to serve the US market − 16.05.2016
25.05.2016 − German Paschen GmbH filed a petition with the Münster District Court seeking reorganisation proceedings under its own administration on 12 May.
- NolteD files for insolvency protection proceedings
- Nobia achieved minor growth in sales revenue in Q1
- Furniture exports and imports rise again in February
25.05.2016 − Over the course of this week, US financial investor Metropolitan Equity Partners (MEP) recommenced pellet production at the former plant of German Pellets.
- MM-Holz: FJC production in Gaishorn now terminated − 24.05.2016
- Japanese gluelam timber output down 4.5%
- Enviva Partners improves EBITDA by roughly 10%
25.05.2016 − The Swedish flooring manufacturer Kährs Holding boosted its sales revenue by 1% in the first quarter to SEK695m.
- Masonite: New reporting structure from first quarter
- AFI turnover up by 9.6% in first quarter
- Mohawk intends to invest US$600m in the current year
25.05.2016 − The duty-free quota for softwood plywood imports into the EU is depleted since 17 May.
- Siempelkamp put seven plants into operation in April
- West Fraser: Quesnel MDF plant to restart in October
- Further improvements in results at Sonae Industria
25.05.2016 − In February Häberlein GmbH was able to commission its new hard-wood sawmill in Hardhausen-Gochsen, albeit slightly later than scheduled.
24.05.2016 − The Italian machinery manufacturer Biesse saw its order intake rise 6% in the first three months.
- Search fails for investors for insolvent Gratenau Holz
- Deufol shows higher turnover and results figures
- Weyerhaeuser to sell pulp operations to IP