04.05.2015 − The International Softwood Conference (ISC) 2015 is taking place from 4-6 November in Amsterdam by invitation of the Royal Netherland Timber Trade Association (NTTA).
03.05.2015 − The plywood and gluelam timber importer Bayou Holzwerkstoffe purchased the Bosnian beech plywood manufacturer Novi Lignosper on 27 April.
02.05.2015 − Two major orders placed by Stora Enso and Latvijas Finieris boosted Finnish Raute’s order intake to €84m in the first quarter of 2015.
- Talks on merger between TTF and BWF ended
- Building start at newly formed Scheuch Ligno
- BlueLinx closes out 2014 with operating profit again
30.04.2015 − On 17 April, the US-American Mohawk Industries submitted a new application to the EU Commission’s Director-General for Competition for the planned takeover of International Flooring Systems.
- EPLF revised sales statistics upward slightly
- Amorim Deutschland to grow turnover by more than 50%
- Window sales in the EU-28 show slight growth − 10.04.2015
30.04.2015 − Swiss Ineos Group will withdraw from the joint venture Tricoya Technologies (TTL) established in October 2012 with the British Accsys Technologies and sell its 50% holding to Accsys.
- Doka takes over Wiehag shuttering-panel division
- Gluelam beam prices to be raised before end of April
- Trex: Turnover in 2014 up by roughly 14% to US$392m
30.04.2015 − As provisional insolvency administrator for German Nordbayerische Holzindustrie, the lawyer Dean Didovic has commissioned Krych & Schwarz to search for an investor.
- About 180 delegates attend TCM Surfaces Conference
- Schattdecor wraps up three more investment projects − 10.04.2015
- Interprint commissions KBA digital printer − 26.03.2015
15.04.2015 − The Chinese company Nature Home Holding intends to take a total holding of 9.9% in the German kitchen manufacturer Alno over the course of two separate transactions.
- Fortune Brands intends to take over 100% of Norcraft
- German furniture exports up nearly 3 %
- In 2015 Howden Joinery Group plans 39 new depots