17.01.2017 − On 14 December 2016, US-American Enviva Partners completed the drop-down takeover of the 500,000-t pellet plant of Enviva Wilmington Holdings in Sampson County (North Carolina, USA).
- Parts of Schilliger’s gluelam production line destroyed − 16.01.2017
- German planed product exports up by 22% in Q3 2016 − 13.01.2017
- Lunawood expands thermowood plant in Kaskinen
17.01.2017 − The positive trend in results seen in the first quarter of 2016 at Canadian Interfor, when a slight plus of Can$0.8m was achieved, continued during the further course of the year.
- US Department of Commerce continues investigations
- Duratex sells plantations to Fibria pulp group
- Estonia exported 4% less softwood lumber
16.01.2017 − In the third quarter of 2016, Chinese Baishida Fibreboard Group ordered a further EVO46 refiner from Finnish Valmet.
13.01.2017 − Turnover in the French furniture retail trade increased again slightly by 1% in October 2016.
- Kitchen furniture exports rise by just over 10%
- Household furniture exports: Slight decline in growth
- Furniture industry: Total turnover up by 2.5%
13.01.2017 − British Kingfisher group also concluded the third quarter of 2016 with a significant turnover increase of 11.5% to £2.955bn.
- 19% increase in Segezha Group’s sales revenue
- Eucatex: Wood division turnover declines by 8.3%
- Florian Legno takes majority holding in DI Novoselec − 29.12.2016
12.01.2017 − By building another new hall, Austrian Neuhofer Holz has enlarged the warehousing capacity at its headquarters in Zell am Moos by another 2,250 m².
- AFG and Looser Holding merge to Arbonia − 28.12.2016
- Bauwerk Boen to invest in new triple-layer parquet plant − 23.12.2016
- Unilin’s basis patent expires at beginning of June 2017
12.01.2017 − Kotkamills Group wants to spin off its Finnish Imprex activities after selling the Malaysian treater operator L.P. Pacific Films to Surfactor Germany on 18 November 2016.
- Ore supplier Iluka completes purchase of Sierra Rutile − 22.12.2016
- Surteco buys shares in the UK’s Nenplas group − 15.12.2016
- Danzer: Thick veneers from North American timber − 08.12.2016