25.10.2016 − At Ukrainian Ukrshpon commissioning of the Babcock SM 400 slicing machine with claw-clamping table has been in progress since September.
- BASF sells business with photoinitiators to IGM
- Schattdecor re-organised its American subsidiaries
- Greenlam further expands laminate capacity − 07.10.2016
24.10.2016 − Finnish CLT Plant is planning to invest a total of around €11.8m in building a cross-laminated timber works at its Kauhajoki facility by autumn 2017.
- Höyläämö Suomipuu planing works taken over by Binder − 18.10.2016
- Furnir Otok partners to make wooden barrels in Croatia − 11.10.2016
- Doka takes over Bas technology company − 07.10.2016
24.10.2016 − The one-year standstill period for the Softwood Lumber Agreement between Canada and the USA ended on 12 October, without Canada and the USA having been able to agree so far on a follow-up agreement.
- 21% rise in imports of softwood lumber to Spain − 21.10.2016
- Swedish exports in July up 5% on preceding year
- RFP building sawmill and pellet works at Amursk plant − 17.10.2016
21.10.2016 − During the second quarter, Indian Belaji Action Buildwell (Action Tesa) which is part of the Indian Action Group ordered a refiner from Finnish Valmet for its MDF project.
- Indian Centuryply enters particleboard production − 19.10.2016
- Pfleiderer Grajewo to do business as Pfleiderer Group
- New Masisa MDF plant to produce 76,000 m³ per year − 10.10.2016
21.10.2016 − Steinhoff International Holdings intends to take over all shares in Australian Fantastic Holdings.
- Homag: Vario and Erkado fitted with lines for batch size 1 − 18.10.2016
- Sharp downturn in German furniture exports in July
- US furniture industry further increases incoming orders
21.10.2016 − In first half, Dutch Timber and Building Supplies Holland (TABS Holland) which emerged from the former PontMeyer approximately doubled its turnover and results figures year on year.
- Pervanovo to invest about €250m in increasing capacity − 20.10.2016
- NPM Capital aims to take over Deli Home & Garden
- Nürnberg Messe takes holding in Do-Win Tech in Iran
20.10.2016 − Swedish Välinge Innovation began installing a second line to make powder-based flooring at its headquarters in Viken at the start of October.