Wood-based panels» More news on Wood-based panels

Brazilian elliotis pine plywood exports up 20%

01.02.2021 − 

Brazilian elliotis pine plywood exports returned to the growth rates recorded in 2016 and 2017 last year after a downturn in 2019. At that time, exports climbed by 19.4% to 1.730 million m³ or by 19.1% to 2.060 million m³. Associação Brasileira da Indústria de Madeira Processada Mecanicamente (Abimci) reported a 10.3% upturn in shipments to 2.272 million m³ in 2018. Brazil exported 9.2% less in 2019 with a total of 2.063 million m³, returning to 2017’s level. Brazilian elliotis pine plywood shipments rose by 19.5% to 2.466 million m³ last year, according to preliminary Abimci export statistics.

A downward spiral in the first half of the year was more than erased by substantial growth in the second half of the year. January was the weakest month by quite some margin at 128,814 m³; Brazil exported twice as much in September (252,764 m³). April (211,001 m³) was the only month in the first half to surpass the 200,000 m³ mark. Starting in July, all other months had been well above that threshold. Looking at the year as a whole, the monthly average stood at 205,459 m³.

Tags of this news:

previous − Kronospan investing €44m in Burgos

Chile: plywood exports rising since start of 2020  − next