Miscellaneous

Austrian timber industry expanding abroad

15.03.2018 − There have meanwhile been at least ten transactions since 2015 in which Austrian companies in the sawmilling and gluelam timber industry have played a role as investors. » more

ADVERTISEMENT

Springer acquires majority holding in FinScan

15.03.2018 − Austrian Springer group has acquired a 90% stake in Finnish FinScan. The remaining 10% of the shares remain in the hands of the company’s founder. » more

US housing starts at positive level in January

13.03.2018 − In the twelve months up to and including January, US housing starts, adjusted to account for seasonal influences, increased by 9.7% vis à vis the preceding month to a total of 1.326m units. » more

Domotex Asia/Chinafloor aiming to occupy 155,000 m²

06.03.2018 − As the organisers of Domotex Asia/Chinafloor, Hannover Milano Fairs Shanghai and VNU Exhibitions Asia are anticipating other increase in the number of exhibitors and visitors this year.» more

Weyerhaeuser posts growth from wood products

05.03.2018 − US-American Weyerhaeuser has announced that its Wood Products division ended the fourth quarter of 2017 with much better revenues and earnings than one year earlier. » more